Are you passionate about making a meaningful difference in the lives of adults in need?
At Riverwalk, we’re more than a team – we’re a family dedicated to providing exceptional care and support. If you’re seeking a rewarding opportunity to contribute to a nurturing environment, we welcome you to explore our job openings. Be a part of our journey as we create cherished moments and build connections that last a lifetime.
Are you someone who enjoys engaging with seniors and discovering their stories? Are you in search of additional income? Do you hold a valid driver’s license and own a vehicle? Join our team at Riverwalk Adult Day Services as we seek a compassionate individual to provide transportation for our participants to and from our Adult Day Center. This role offers the potential for up to five days a week, with shifts lasting six hours each day.
→ PART-TIME ACTIVITY ASSISTANTS
Job Description: Activity Assistant- Riverwalk Recreational Services – $18/hour weekdays 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM
The activity assistant will report directly to the Assistant Director. The activity assistant will help run the daily activities with the participants, go on community outings, and help guide volunteers and interns in activities.
Education / Experience:
- Provide a high school diploma or GED
- Experience working with adults with disabilities is preferred
- Continuing education in the field of special needs
- Must have a caring and compassionate attitude that shows a true concern for adults with special needs
- Comfortable with driving an 11-14 passenger transport bus
- Possess the ability to effectively read, write and communicate in English
- Physically able and actively perform activities, indoor and outdoor in all weather conditions of job
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Assessment skills that would help to distinguish a client’s ability to participate and then choose a different activity
- Maintains confidentiality
- Serves as a positive example for others in behaviors and appearance
- Follow all local, state and federal regulations as it pertains to participant care and services
- Complete initial training and 12 hours of continuing education training per year
- Attend monthly staff meetings
- Maintain CPR and First Aid certification
- Carry out the daily activities planned and encourage maximum participation from participants
- Drive participant’s to and from field trips in a van or 11-14 passenger vehicle
- Understand participant’s limitations and promote their independence
- Assist in planned activities and aid participants when needed
- Interact with participants and families in an appropriate manner
- Give input about participants and programs at staff meetings
- Help volunteers understand the program and guide them in activities
- Know where participants are at all times
- Assist participants during outside facility during activities
- Take care of all supplies used and put them away properly
- Help keep center clean and tidy
- Use sanitation guidelines when assisting with participants
- Exhibits initiative and enthusiasm
- Perform other duties as necessary for a smooth operation of the center
- Follow all emergency policies as directed above.