Welcome to Riverwalk Adult Day Services, your partner in providing exceptional day services for adults who seek socialization, engagement, and a safe environment. Our team understands the challenges caregivers face and is dedicated to offering a nurturing space for your loved ones, Monday through Friday from 7:45 AM to 5:00 PM.
Why Choose Our Services?
We ensure both physical and cognitive stimulation through a diverse range of activities. From outings and musical entertainment to arts & crafts and daily exercise, every moment is designed to enrich lives.
Our registered nurses are equipped to provide comprehensive medical care, including medication administration, oxygen treatments, blood sugar checks, and more. Ongoing education, seminars, and support keep caregivers informed.
Join a community that fosters socialization and a sense of belonging. Our trained staff, including nurses, activity coordinators, and assistants, create a vibrant atmosphere where your loved ones thrive.
Who Should Consider Our Services?
- Adults needing socialization and assistance due to mental or physical challenges
- Individuals at risk of falling or requiring support with daily activities
- Those diagnosed with conditions like Alzheimer’s, stroke, Parkinson’s, diabetes, or arthritis
- Loved ones using mobility aids or in need of medication reminders
- Participants seeking socialization and a welcoming community
- Adults looking for affordable day services to age comfortably at home
What to Expect
Our team of registered nurses and activity professionals undergo annual training and background checks to ensure top-tier care.
From exercise and arts & crafts to outings and entertainers, our programs are tailored for physical, cognitive, and social growth.
Our nurses provide comprehensive medical oversight, medication management, referrals, and support for both participants and caregivers.
Arrange door-to-door transportation for your loved ones at an additional fee.
To benefit from Riverwalk’s Adult Care Services, participants should be:
- Over 18 years of age
- Capable of self-toileting and bowel/bladder control
- Free from communicable diseases
- Able to engage positively in a group setting
Afforable Pricing Options
Cost of Care
- Full Day (More than 4 hours): $90
- Half Day (Up to 5 hours): $70
- Convenient Drop-in Service: $20.00 per hour. Pre-qualified participants can schedule a minimum of 2 hours with just 24 hours notice
- Your fee covers beverages throughout the day, an afternoon snack, and all supplies for daily activities. Lunch is included for participants present during the lunch period (11:00 AM – 12:00 PM)
While long-term care insurance and Medicaid typically cover our services, please note that Medicare does not. Low income seniors may qualify for county assistance.
Experience secure and safe transportation with our door-to-door service, available at an additional fee.
Riverwalk Adult Day Services is open Monday through Friday, from 7:45 AM to 5:00 PM
A Typical Day at Senior Services
This is a snapshot of our activities on a typical day.
- Coffee and socializing with the other participants
- Chair exercises to get our bodies moving
- A walk
- We spend the rest of the afternoon switching between active and passive games (like Bingo, bags, did you know, horseshoes, etc.)
We change activities every half hour to help stimulate the participants and keep them engaged.
Enroll in Riverwalk Adult Day Services
Thank you for your interest in our Senior Services.
Please complete the 3 steps below to begin the enrollment process. Feel free to reach out to our team at [email protected] for additional information or assistance.
1. Intake Appointment
Once you have scheduled your appointment, please complete the Intake Form in section 2 below.
2. Intake Form
You can complete the Intake Form below or download it and submit it in person.
3. Medical Clearance
Before joining Riverwalk Adult Day Services (RADS), participants need a doctor’s physical exam. A TB test or chest x-ray is essential to ensure no contagious disease. If hospitalized, the physician should provide a diagnosis, treatment details, and medication updates upon return.
Please download the medical clearance packet, complete it, and return it prior to participation.
4. Attendance & Payment Schedule
Plan your Full Day and Half Day attendance on a monthly basis. Attendance calendars for the upcoming month should be submitted by the 8th of the current month.
While long-term care insurance and Medicaid typically cover our services, please note that Medicare does not. The VA does cover services, please contact your case manager to see if you qualify. Low-income seniors may qualify for county assistance, please contact senior services in your county.
What Our Members & Families Are Saying
"What a blessing to have Riverwalk Adult Day Services come into our lives!"
“My mother finally has a place to go for daily interaction and fun with others and a very caring staff including a nurse who is aware of her needs. What a stress reliever this is for me.”
– Sue P., Daughter of Participant
"Riverwalk gives Emma something that is hers. Everyone needs something of their own."
“Riverwalk allows me to take care of things that I need to do at home with my family while Emma is busy at Riverwalk and having a great time.”
– Sister of participant
"When he lost the ability to do things on his own, Riverwalk gave him a sense of purpose."
“Even if we had a daycare person at home, Mike was still alone. He needed that social interaction; he needed to be with other people who could help him. Mike had a much better quality of life being at Riverwalk.”
– Son of Participant
"Riverwalk Adult Day Services helped me regain my independence."
“In order for my mother to maintain her independence, I had lost mine. Riverwalk Adult Day Services helped me regain my independence without sacrificing my mother’s.”
– Daughter of Participant
"The place meant the world to both of us."
“My mother, Lois, began attending Ecumenical Adult Day Center when she was 91 and continued for about four years.
The place meant the world to both of us. She looked forward to being picked up by her “chauffeur” every morning, and came home happy, and usually with a craft to show off, every afternoon. I knew Mama was going to a fun and mentally stimulating place. For me, it meant I could keep my job, and not worry about her while I was there.“
– Fran Wilkinson, Daughter of Participant